Friday, May 8, 2015

the enemy


A story to share.  "A brother was restless in the community and often moved to anger. So he said: 'I will go and live somewhere by myself. And since I shall be able to talk or listen to no one, I shall be tranquil, and my passionate anger will cease.' He went out and lived alone in a cave. But one day he filled his jug with water and put it on the ground. It happened suddenly to fall over. He filled it again, and again it fell. And this happened a third time. And in a rage he snatched up the jug and broke it. Returning to his right mind, he knew that the demon of anger had mocked him, and he said: 'Here am I by myself, and he has beaten me. I will return to the community. Wherever you live, you need effort and patience and above all God's help.' And he rose up, and went back.”

I liked this because as I read it, it reminded me of someone I knew and then when I re-read it, it reminded me of myself. Sometimes (maybe all the time) we need to just sit back and look at ourselves and see that the origin of our struggles are simply within.

Peace,

Lion’s Den Man

No comments: