Saturday, May 23, 2015

work

100 people applied for a job.  There was one question on the application.  The question was, "what is 2x2?"  99 people answered "4."  None of them got the job.  The person that got the job said that 2 times 2 is whatever the boss says.

Now I hope you have a good boss and I want to be a good boss, but every job has its moments.  I have lots of bosses and I don't always agree with them, but they would never know it.  Great employees understand that they are there to move their employer's agenda forward.  We don't deserve a job, we work hard to keep a job.  As my Dad said, "make yourself indispensable to the company."

Don't complain about your boss or your work or anything else or you will become known as a complainer.  In a downsizing, those are the first people to go.

Hard work is a joy.  Work is a 4 letter word.  Anything that my boss asks of me, if it is in my power to make it happen, I will.  The Bible encourages us to work as if we are working for the Lord. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have worked for a couple of comapanies where the boss was always right. They were the worst run companies I ever new.

The best run were the companies that had bosses that encouraged different ideas and encouraged Input and collaboration. Dissent is good until it becomes personal.