Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I'm Back.....

I have been gone for a week.  I give my heartfelt thanks to Lions Den Man and Ami for posting for me while I was gone.  I also thank you many generous and kind friends who helped us load the truck.

Monday morning a week ago, we closed on our house here and started the long drive to Florida in a 26' Penske truck and a 16' truck.  Turns out we had more junk than we thought.  Off we went down I-70-  Columbia, St. Louis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon, Orlando, and finally Vero Beach.  We made it in two days and arrived about 7pm on Tuesday.

When we got there, we were locked out.  We had the garage door code, but someone had locked the door from the garage to the house.  When we finally got in, the AC wasn't working.  It was fixed the next day at a cost of $200.

Wednesday we unloaded the truck.  The movers were late, but they did good work and we got all of the junk off loaded and into the house.  We spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday unpacking boxes and going to the store to add more stuff to the stuff that we just unloaded.

Today, Scott and I flew home.  It was bitter sweet leaving my wife in Florida, but she will be in town in a couple of weeks.

I know that many of you were praying for safe travels, and we made it safely home.  Our new Lee's Summit address is 1229 NE Deerbrook Circle, 64086.

The cats are glad to see me, and I will see you on Sunday if not before.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You two will do fine, and we're all glad all these relocation tasks are behind you. Florida can't be all bad. Now when you get to go there, you'll get to hang out at the beach and eat real food instead of hotel food.

More sunshine to come in the Sunshine State. In the meantime, we're glad to get to enjoy you in the "Preaching/Shepherding" State for a few more years.

God bless.