Friday, January 29, 2016

5 more months

On Sunday in Church, several people thought that it was my last Sunday.  Not true.  I will be at Woods Chapel thru May and probably a few weeks into June.  So I have 5 more months to torture you guys. [If the good Lord gives me those days.]

We had a Q&A meeting on Sunday night.  If you are interested, here is the link-  http://livestre.am/5hV42

Someone asked at our Q&A meeting on Sunday if I do get an appointment in Florida would the sermons be online.  I told them that I don't know, but if they were, it would just be the same old stuff.  They would go to all that trouble to find it online and then start to watch the sermon and they would say, "hey, I have heard that story 6 times!"

I have treasured every day of the last 22 years with you and will treasure the next 5 months for sure.  That is a good blog topic.  Treasure every day that you have.  After today, you will have one less day left in your life.

So, it is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely a treasure to us. Can we have permission for a few minutes to lighten up and kid about all this a bit. First of all sometimes "treausres" fall in the category of antiques. But we don't think you are an antique.

And I treasure and remember lots of things from your sermons. Do I remember this correctly? In one of your sermons when you were talking about your move to here, from Princeton, didn't you say that Cathy told you after the move that if you ever moved again, you'd be moving by yourself? Glad time changes things.

Love your blog, and glad it will continue.

Anonymous said...

Yes. You are a treasure to be celebrated! As for me (and I imagine there are others who agree), I could listen to many of your sermons again and again. How many times do we need to hear something before it finally settles in and we remember it? I also hope you will be online through your new church. If not, maybe there is an "archive of Jeff" that we can access somewhere (can you facilitate that one)? You fill our cup weekly, and we will miss you.