Saturday, January 16, 2016

loving yourself

I think we all believe in love.  Many people that I know work hard in this life to love others, but never learn how to love themselves.  Oh how our lives change for the better when we finally understand that God does love us, and we can love ourselves as well.  By loving ourselves, I am not recommending pride or arrogance, I am simply suggesting that you can cut yourself some slack and see the value in yourself that God sees.

You are valued- believe it.  You are loveable- receive it.  The messages that others gave you about how worthless you are can be set aside.  God has another message for you.  He loves you.  He loves you so much that he sent his Son.

Once we accept the fact that we are loved by God everything changes.  The arguments in my head slow down.  The strife in my soul mellows out.  The battle that I have been fighting within my head, my entire life finally stops.   If I can finally believe that I am loved by God, my daily thoughts are no longer consumed with judging myself or others, I simply let the goodness of God fill me up and pour out to others.

You are loved.  Don't waste another day questioning that.  Receive it, breathe it in, accept it and let it flow right through you to everyone that you meet.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anne Roach said...

This morning I read this in a book I am studying and then read your blog post (and those of the past few days):

Every time God forgives us, God is saying that God's own rules do not matter as much as the relationship that God wants to create with us. Just the Biblical notion of absolute forgiveness, once experienced, should be enough to make us trust and seek and love God. (Falling Upward by Fr. Richard Rohr

Good stuff.