Sunday, January 3, 2016

Covenant Prayer


Today in Church we will be saying the Wesley Covenant Prayer.

I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen


 I love it. Especially the call and commitment on my part to be put completely at God’s disposal. Won’t you come join us this first Sunday of 2016.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very powerful service today! It touched me deeply to recite the Wesley Covenant Prayer AND take communion in the same service. I know you hear this too much--but your services and sermons touch my heart. I am fairly new and I am constantly telling people how powerful your sermons are! Thank you!