Tuesday, January 26, 2016

comfort

I have been thinking about comfort a little bit lately and it reminded me of one of my favorite sayings.  I will leave this post simple, simply offering the quote. I don't remember where I read it, but it is something to think about.  I will comment on it tomorrow.  Here it is:

Spiritually developed people are those who have learned to set aside their comfort and personal preference for the sake of the mission.

That is something for all of us to think about in every arena of our lives.

it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your thoughts on this tomorrow. I would think this is something you are struggling with at this point in your journey. I believe that there are many at Woods Chapel on the path of being "spiritually developed" that struggle with "their comfort and personal preference" as they seek God's will and direction for their lives. It is so true that we put limits around what we can and will do "for the sake of the mission." Maybe, as we seek the peace of Christ, it will not be totaly ours until we remove the limitations and remember that "God doesn’t call the equipped…He equips the called."