Monday, January 4, 2016

More yet on good and bad

 More yet on Good and Bad

 My shoulder hurts, but I got to play softball for many years. When my shoulder hurts today, instead of complaining about it, I remember all of the great times playing softball with my friends. 

My friend moved away. Instead of being upset about that, I choose to focus on the value of his friendship. The love that we shared cannot be priced. Instead of complaining, I choose to savor the memories.

 My Dad died. I cried. After a while I was able to look at that differently too. Now I savor the memories and cherish the path that he laid down for me.

 I look in the mirror and see an old man. Or at least an older man. I could easily complain about the hair loss. And what in the world has happened to my skin!!   I can complain, or I can look in the mirror and see that old face of mine and remember every day that I have lived. Every person that I have known. Every day that I lived. Oh what joy is held within the aged face!

 When you consider a thing, is it good or bad? I do believe that we can teach ourselves to see the good. 

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: