Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day

Today is May Day.

May day is a spring festival day with origins in Europe.  On May Day,there is dancing and singing and the eating of cake.  Mmmm.

When I was a kid, we put flowers on the door of someone that we liked and we danced around the Maypole.  When I was in third grade,  I was chosen to be in the group that danced around the Maypole for the PTA.

We were supposed to skip around the maypole.

My teacher was quite surprised to discover that I did not know how to skip, I galloped.  So she told me to go home and have my mom teach me how to skip.  I still remember being in the basement with my mom and sisters and them trying to break me of the habit of galloping and learn to skip.

It took a while, but I finally learned to skip.  😊😁😁

Happy May Day.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going from giddy ap, giddy ap to being a skipper is a feat worth giving kudos to you for. I remember wrapping Maypoles on the school playground, and also putting flowers on people's doorsteps. I continued the flowers on doorsteps thing for years and years, in putting flowers, some in baskets, on the front porch of the elderly. It seemed to brighten their day.

Bring back the simpler more innocent times of life.