Saturday, May 27, 2017

Restoration

I have been reluctant to write about this, but I think I am ready, so here goes.

As you know, I requested a personal leave in January of this year.  When you request a personal leave, in effect you are saying something like this.....
    "I need a break."
   "I am exhausted."
    "I need to heal"
Asking for personal leave is in effect making a statement that you are no longer up to the job.  Yikes.  That is a painful thing to say, and to hear.

So, if you wish to come off of personal leave and be appointed to a church, you must show that you are healed up and back to your old self.  Maybe the reason that I can write about this now is because I feel that I am back to my old self.

Working with the Board of Ordained Ministry, you come up with a plan for restoration.  Mine includes the following:

In no particular order:
1.  see a counselor
2.  go on a retreat
3.  get away, relax, travel
4.  read

The point of all of this is to help a person, in this case me, find the joy and see the good.

I have been reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning.  I highly recommend it.
The ranch was a wonderful retreat.  I am also going to the redwoods in August.
I am seeing a counselor, I also have an appointment with a spiritual director.
Travel..... oh my!  Napa, California.  The ranch.  The redwoods.  Italy in November.  The Holy Land in March.

I have been working my plan and enjoying life.  Reflecting on the Ranch this last week has filled me with so much joy.  Life is not always easy, but there is so much good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is exciting news Your humble honesty is very special Sad to think that if n when u decide to come back u won't be coming back HERE Glad u r becoming joyful you