Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful ladies and friends. God bless you for all that you have done for your biological children and for all of your other children.

My Mom went to be with Jesus on July 17th 1995. Some years ago I found this quote in her Bible:

"In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus


I had never heard this quote before. My mom knew it, but never shared it with me. I find it to be very profound. You may not need my explanation of the quote, but here goes:

At night, my true thoughts and feelings flood my heart.  Sometimes the thoughts drip beautifully, but all too often there is worry, concern, even despair.  I sometimes wish that things had turned out differently.... Then an amazing thing happens.... the grace of God reaches me and I am healed.  Healed from a broken heart and healed from dashed hopes.  My heart turns again to the joy of life.

Thank God for the wisdom and grace that can make life beautiful, still.

May all of the mothers in the world find the joy and the grace and the beauty of being a mom today.   God bless you. Happy Mothers Day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: