Monday, May 22, 2017

The Ranch, Pt. 1


A friend asked me to go to the family ranch with him. It is a very special place. Drive across the state of Kansas, turn north at Denver.   Then drive up 287, into Wyoming, turn off at a wide gap in the road called Tie Siding. Then 13 miles down a dirt road, back into Colorado. 
Highway 287 in Northern Colorado

The ranch is 100 acres in the Roosevelt National Forest. It is a place of unsurpassed beauty, peace and tranquility. When I arrived at this place and I saw how special it was, I realized that I had been invited into one of the holy places of my friend's life.


I felt privileged to be allowed in. Friends allow you in. It is a joy to really get to know someone and trust them.

I hope you know people that let you in. I hope you have a few people that you let into the deep, remote, special places of your life. To really live, we need to be seen and accepted as we are.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how beautiful n Special That must have been

Janet Miller said...

I hope you also enjoyed the awesome views of the flint hills as you drove through Kansas. I never tire of seeing them when we go to the farm. Sounds like you had a great trip!