Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Ranch, pt. 3 Work

 Ranch, pt. 3 Work.
original cabin - 1871

no explanation needed.

beautiful.  amazing.


What is wrong with me? I like to work. To some degree, I cannot sit still. I am not very good at resting, but oh, give me a list of things to do, and I will go to town.

At the ranch I did some random work. I laid a tile floor, installed new door knobs, cut off a door, worked on a tractor, attempted to fix a flat tire and ran a backhoe.

I love to do this kind of work and it was a privilege to be of some help to my friend.

I hope that you can find work that you love. Speaking of work that I love, several are concerned that I am not currently in active pastoral ministry. Don't be concerned. I am good. I have always loved odd jobs and handyman work. Even while in the active pastoral ministry, I built decks, built retaining walls, planted trees, did electrical work, painted, and just about anything else.

I love this kind of work. Maybe one day I will return to active pastoral work, but don't worry about me. I am doing great.

"I saw that there is nothing better for a person than for them to enjoy their work." Ecclesiates 3:22

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. Let's go get to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happy and loving your life, Jeff. And grateful that we can still get a little glimpse of your heart as your continue with your blog. It's not quite as fulfilling as your words in person, but I'll sure take it. :)

Unknown said...

Really enjoyed your pictures and descriptions. Thanks!