Saturday, May 26, 2018

back from the dead?

Wow.  I had one of the most real, vivid dreams that I have ever had a couple of nights ago. 

I was in my house and a man walked in the room.  I recognized him right away.  He had died a few years before.  In his life I knew him well.  There was no question whatsoever that this was him.  His wife followed in behind him.

Let me try to describe the looks on their faces.  I saw the man first but I am going to describe the wife's countenance first because I think that it is easier.  The wife had a look on her face that carried a numbed of emotions:  joy, disbelief, concern, and fear.  She was clearly is a state of uneasy happiness.

The man was definitely alive and he knew who I was, but he appeared to be in a state of confusion.  He did not speak, but his face carried so many messages.  I could hear him ask, "why am I here, what happened to me, and what is going on?"

When I woke from this dream I was a bit unnerved.  It was  almost frightening and it felt very real. 

What might it mean?  Well, I don't believe that the dream means anything about the eternal resting place of the man, for he was a fine man and a fine Christian.  I guess if I have to declare a meaning, I would say that for all of us, there are times when we are uncomfortable, living in an uneasy state.  Uncomfortable about life, death and everything in between.  There are times when our emotions are so full and so raw that we can not sort them out.

Maybe the moral of the story is this.  Live.  L-I-V-E LIVE!!!  What ever you do, do it to the best of your ability.  Seek the joy and don't be drug down by circumstances.

[any alternative interpretations of my dream would be appreciated.]

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: