Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Archer

The archer shoots for fun when it is a hobby.  When there is a prize involved, everything is ruined.

When I was a kid I bought a bow and arrow at a garage sale.  It was an old school bow, but the arrows were steel tipped.  It was the hunting bow of it's day.

When I was a kid I shot the bow and arrow for fun.  Then one day someone suggest that I enter a competition.  I became nervous.  There was a prize to win.  Other people had better equipment.  I could never do well.

I never entered the competition.  I lost interest in the bow and finally got rid of it.

Why wasn't it enough for me to just shoot in the back yard?  Why did there have to be a competition?  Why winners and losers?

All of the fun was taken from shooting the bow and arrows.

- - - - - -

Life.  Just live it.  It is not a competition.  Sometimes we get so worried about things that don't matter that we forget to celebrate life.  There are no winners or losers.  Every life matters.  Every life is worthwhile.

Just live.  Pull out your arrows and give life a shot.  It does't matter if you are the best.  Just get out there and get your licks in.  Life is good.  Enjoy it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs


No comments: