Wednesday, May 16, 2018

California Trip - Jenner

Cathy and I have made the trip to Napa/Sonoma every year since 2008.  In the early years we focused on South Sonoma county and Napa.  In the past few years we have hit Napa and then moved over to Santa Rosa and the Northern part of the county that takes in the Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.

Personally I am done with Napa.  The tasting fees have become outrageous and the wine prices are no longer in reach of the common man or woman.

One of my favorite parts of this annual pilgrimage to California is the drive that I take one morning on the trip from Santa Rosa to Jenner.  I get up early and drive the hour over to the Pacific and then get back in time to pick up Cathy and take her out for the 10am tastings.

So I leave the hotel in Santa Rosa and drive Occidental Road to highway 116 into Guerneville.  If you have not been to the town of Guerneville, it is a beautiful quaint little town nestled in the redwood forest.  Just north of town is the Armstrong Woods Redwood Preserve.  Def worth the few minutes it takes to get there.

Take 116 out of Guerneville and follow the Russian River until it pours into the ocean at Jenner.  This is one of the most beautiful drives in America.

It made me so happy to take this drive.  It was so beautiful and so peaceful.  If I lived here I would make the drive at least once per week.








California has some cool old vehicles.









It's a very very very beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

1 comment:

Brett said...

I had a case in Santa Rosa several years ago and was there quite a bit over about a year - it’s a fabulous part of the world. LoCoco’s on 4th street is still one of the best Italian meals I’ve had and you’ll find some wonderful Zinfandels at Yoakim Bridge Winery. The owners, David and Virginia, are great people. Have fun!