Thursday, May 10, 2018

planes overhead

My friend Chris [from yesterday's post] sent me a video of the planes flying over in formation behind his house.  He asked me to blog about it.  I told him to write something for the blog about it, and he did, it was yesterday's post.

When I saw the picture of the planes flying in formation, what I thought about was the massive formations of bombers that flew overhead during World War 2.  I was not alive at the time of course, but I have seen the movies and the videos of the sky growing black with hundreds of the B-17's and B-24's.

It must have been a proud moment to watch all of our planes flying overhead, and it must have been terrifying if you were on the other side.  Sirens would go off and everyone would run for the bomb shelter.  Soon you would hear the rumble of hundreds of planes, and if you looked outside, you would see the sky growing dark as the planes blocked out the sun.  Finally the bombs would hit.

War is not pretty.

I am grateful for every man and woman who fought for our country.  I am one of those folks who never had to or got to serve in the armed forces.  I am grateful for those who did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

No comments: