Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Why I save things

This is my man cave.  The third car garage.  Very nice, and I am lucky to have it.  However it can get a little hot in there but the other day I came up with an idea.

Maybe if I opened the window, a box fan would sit on the window sill.  Sure enough it does, but I can't turn it enough to really blow on the desk area.  Hmmm.  If I had a piece of a 2x6 I'll bet it would raise the fan above that lip.  The fan could move closer to the screen and I could turn it more towards the chair that I sit in.  But I hate to go and buy an entire 2x6 for this small window.

As I write this it also occurs to me that I could move the desk down the wall a bit.😳😳😳
The 

So the other day I am working in the garage and I happen to see a piece of 2x6 sticking out of my collection of little boards.  Why do I keep these little boards?  Because you never just know when you might need one.

and now the fan sits up higher, it is closer to the screen and the breeze is blowing on me more directly!

Moral of this story.  While I think it is good to keep things cleaned up, sometimes it is good to keep things around.  Just because you don't have a use for it today, save that idea for another day.  Put it on the shelf for it may come in handy tomorrow. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: