Monday, May 28, 2018

The last pictures from our vacation

We are home now, but I am just getting around to posting these pictures.
I love San Francisco.
I spent Jr and Sr high and my first year of college in San Jose, about 40 miles to the south.  Do you know the way to San Jose?

I loved the climate.  I loved the landscape.  I loved the beach.  I still have a sister there.  And I have always loved the city of San Francisco.

The bay is beautiful.  Alcatraz is one of
the most photographed places on earth.

This bird wanted food.  I did not give him anything.

he retaliated.

The cable cars are so quaint and fun to ride.

The Ghirardelli sign, a SF icon

The wind swept evergreens.  The boats at the
Hyde Street Pier.  And of course, Alcatraz.

The sights and sounds of Fisherman's wharf. 
Ahh the smells of Fisherman's wharf.  Both good and bad.

For years I took an annual trip to the redwoods to read. 
On my last day I would go to San Francisco. 
This is the place on pier 39 where I would sit and read. 
This is where in 2010 I sat and read the book
 the Hole in our Gospel for the first time. 
I cried like a baby. 
This little bench, on the east side of Pier 39 is like holy ground for me.

I also love the electric street cars.  They have been brought
here from all over the country and refurbished. The side of one
might say "San Diego 1928"  The side of another "Cincinnati 1932"

I love the street cars.

The mechanical museum on Fisherman's Wharf
has a wonderful collection of amusements from the
1800's to the present.  When I was a kid I used to
put a nickel in a machine like this at the grocery
store on 89th and Wornall Road over by Boone School.

USS Pompanito WW2 Submarine.  I am always amazed at the
fact that men actually served on such small and seemingly
antiquated subs.

Did I say that I loved the street cars?
We had a wonderful trip.
Good to go.  Good to be home.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours
Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: