Wednesday, May 2, 2018

old man

So I was staying at a hotel not too long ago. By the way, I prefer the less than $100 a night hotels.  Days Inn, Microtel and such are fine with me.

I am rounding a corner and I almost crash into this lady. She says hello.  I say hello.  She says how are you.  I give my standard response, I am good for an old guy.

She says you are not that old.  I say I am older than you are.  She says you are not.  We exchange ages.  I am 60, she is 64.  She says to me, "I'll bet you used to look like William Hurt."  I told her that I had not heard that in years.  But thank you.

What did we used to look like?  You and me?  What did we used to look like?
And life moves on, and we are still beautiful, old but beautiful.

It is ok to get old, it beats the alternative.
I think you look great.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

No comments: