Friday, May 18, 2018

your ideas, my ideas

I don't just look at beautiful things on vacation.  Well I do look at as much of God's creation as I can.  It is amazing!!!

I also read.

Something that I reread on this trip is this: "your ideas about God are not God."  I don't know the source of this as I had written it in the margins of a book that I read a few years ago.

But I think it is true.  No, it is true.  Your ideas about God and my ideas about God are not God.  People need to stop being so insistent that they have God all figured out.  When we have him figured out, we in essence can control him.

Yet God is beyond our control.  He is bigger, wider, stronger than our ideas.  Instead of trying to figure him out and manage him, maybe we should relax, step in and lean on the everlasting arms.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

                                  Is 55:8-9

Trusting in God means that we give up our notions of what he is like and simply fall into his amazing grace.  It is not about what we think in our head about God.  He is beyond our ideas.  Just relax, accept the love, take it in and give it away in every way that you can.
It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

No comments: