Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Birthday Gift that I forgot I had


I bought some flowers to plant the other day.  I so enjoyed shopping for them.  Since planting is much easier in Florida soil as opposed to Missouri soil, I went to look for my little shovel.  This is the little version of the common shovel.


Years ago I was working with the landscape team at church and saw that Jonnie Wells had a very cute little shovel.  I comment on how cool I thought it was.  Well, that year for my birthday, she presented me with my own personal little shovel.

Here I was planting flowers in Florida and I saw that inscription on the shovel “Jeff 2009.”  I smiled.  That made me happy.  Good friends, good times, good memories.

Blue Salvia, Pentas, Vinca

Penta and ?




It made me feel good to plant the flowers.  Now I just need to find some mulch.
All creation speaks to us of the beauty and glory of God.



It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours


Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: