Saturday, June 23, 2018

Do not be weary in well doing

Don't you dare laugh at me...

So a neighborhood kid asks me to help him with his bicycle.  I say sure.  I drive over to his house [in my wife's car for some reason] I pick up the bike and drive it home.

As I am driving, I think about the condition of the bike.  Really really rusted.  Probably has sat out in the weather for months.


I get home, pull in the garage and unload the car.  When I pick up the bike 1,000 ants come running out of some hole in the bike.  WHAT???!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Now I have hundreds of ants running around in my wife's car.  I run and get the spray.  I start spraying them, smashing them, stepping on them.  I am on full fledged ant murder mode.

I think I have killed them all and the stragglers keep showing up.  Boom.  No mercy for you.

Now the front has fallen silent.  No more of the enemy in sight.  The only problem is that my wife's car smells like raid.

No, there is another problem.  I have to go inside and tell her.  UGH!!!

All of this started because I tried to help a young person with a bicycle.  I think I am just going to buy him a new one.  I am certainly not going to take the bike into my garage for repairs.

Do not be weary in well doing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: