Friday, June 1, 2018

On turning your back

Someone turned their back on me the other day.  Or I could say that someone turned their back towards me.

I don't think that this person was trying to send a message to me or hurt me, it was just that the person that they turned towards was evidently more interesting to them.  It still felt funny.

When we are engaged with someone in conversation we want to see their face.  We want to see their eyes.  If you are talking with someone, take off your sunglasses and look them in the eye.  Let them see into your soul.

To look away when you are talking with someone is a sure signal that you are not interested.  To turn your back towards someone makes the message perfectly clear.

Keep in mind that every person is looking for affirmation and acceptance in this world, just as you and I are.  Be mindful of what you present to them.  They are a person with a heart and soul, just the same as you and me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: