Tuesday, June 26, 2018

wrong again

Writing every day allows my thoughts to be evaluated by a number of readers.  It is not uncommon for many of you to know more about a thing than I do.  I am always glad when a correction comes in.  When people point out that we are wrong, there is no reason to be defensive.  We learn when we are corrected.

So one of my friends is a biologist. On June 10 I wrote a post about why we were created. I said that we were created to love. I said that birds were created to fly. I mentioned the Dodo bird as the only flightless bird. My friend wrote in to remind me that there are other flightless birds that are doing just fine....including the ostrich, emu, cassowary, penguins and kiwi.

So there you have it. Wrong again.

We usually don't ask ourselves if we are wrong because we think we are right. If we thought we were wrong we would change. Wouldn't we?

What am I doing today that is wrong? What am I doing that is wrong that I can't see? Don't be a dodo. A little self introspection is a good thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: