Monday, June 18, 2018

Don't be sad

When I hear the phrase, "don't be sad," I think of the Meat Loaf song from his 1977 album Bat out of Hell, the name of the song that I am thinking of is "Two out of Three ain't bad."

Don't be sad, cause two out of three ain't bad.

The second thing that I think of is something that I have just thought about in the last few years.  Don't be sad that it is over, be glad that it happened.

Again.  Don't be sad that a thing is over, be glad that it happened.

I can be sad that my father's life is over, or I can be glad that it happened.
I can be sad that that job ended, or I can be glad that it happened.
I can be sad that the circumstances of yesterday have changed, or I can be glad that the joyful things took place.

When I really take a moment and reflect on life, oh my what blessings we have all received.

Don't be sad.  Be glad that it happened.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs


No comments: