Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Annual Conference

So I attended Annual Conference last week.  Isn't it interesting how every year there are fewer and fewer people  that I know.  It is interesting to watch yourself and your peers go from being the new young guys, to the stable experienced guys, to the guys who are on the way out. 

And then you are out. 

One night a bunch of us went out to an establishment that had karaoke.  We heard that a lot of the young pastors went there to sing.  Oh my yes!  There was a very large group of young pastors.  They were so handsome and energetic and I did not know any of them.  And they sang the strangest of songs. 

There was no way that I was going to get up to sing.  Someone would have said, hey look it's a grandpa!

Age gives way to youth, every time.  Every time.  Time waits for no man.

And so I reflect on this Annual Conference.  A time to catch up with friends.  A time to realize that it is just time for me to drift on to the next part of life.  Thankfully I have my friends at Ft. Pierce First and plenty of others things in this part of life.

Yes I am older, yes I have lost my hair.  Yes I didn't know the songs that they were singing.  But I still have a song, and so do you.  Things will certainly change in this life, but never stop singing your song.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019


No comments: