Sunday, June 17, 2018

My Rules for Church

Gong's are loud annoying and distracting.
First of all, thank you for the many responses to yesterday's post.  You have given me some great ideas to write about.  And don't wait until I am dry to offer me ideas.  I am always glad to hear from you guys.

Several of you asked about the Methodist Church's stand on homosexuality.  Some of you asked me to write about this.  I am going to work on that request over the next month or so, but let me begin today with this.

Jeff's rules for church
1.  Everyone is welcome. 
2.  No one is singled out as being a bigger sinner.
3.  No one is shunned.
4.  No guilt is applied ever.
5.  People are seen as people and treated with dignity and respect.
6.  The #1 rule to be applied to every moment, person and situation is the rule of love.

If I speak in tongues of men and angels but have not love, I am a clanging gong.  See picture above.  Gongs are loud, annoying and they distract us from what we are really supposed to be doing.

As far as I am concerned, any church that shames anyone really needs to get a refresher course from Jesus.

God is a God of love.  Period.

No one is excluded shamed or shunned

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: