Monday, June 25, 2018

cell phone manners

Today I am going to rant a little.  Sorry.

When I grew up a telephone hung on the wall.  It had a cord that limited where you could go with it.  There was only one line in our house and we were limited to the amount of time that we could talk with our friends.

Now phones are everywhere.  Everyone has them. Heck if you can’t afford one, there are government subsidies for that, as if having a cell phone was an unalienable right.

Some people have lost all sense of boundaries when it comes to phones.  The world has in essence become their phone booth.  Even though it is not illegal, I find it totally annoying when someone has to make a call on an airplane.  Can’t you wait til we get to the baggage area?  Can’t you just send a text?  And why do you have to talk so loud? 

It should be against the law to talk on the phone when you are in line at Taco Bell  or the grocery store.  I find it completely rude to the clerk and to those in line.
I came out of the grocery store the other day and there were kids selling girl scout cookies.  I always buy their cookies.  Usually I ask the kid what their favorite kind is, I buy that box and give it back to the girl.  If there are 4 girls, I buy 4 boxes.  

But not this time.  You see the leader was on her phone, talking loudly.  I could not hear the girls talk, the woman was so loud. 

Do the world a favor.  Keep your converstations to times and places that are more private.  The world is not our phone booth.
Sorry for the rant.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: