Saturday, June 2, 2018

They don't want soup

Jason Statham is an actor mostly known for his tough guy image.  His movies remind me of the kind that Charles Bronson used to star in.  Not a bad guy, just don't mess with him.

I like the guy.  I like action films and I like his British accent.

The other day I was watching one of his movies, Redemption.  This one is a little different than his other shows as there is quite a bit of interface with a nun who is running a soup kitchen.  At one point in the movie she is telling him that she has to get the soup ready.  He responds with a line that I thought was very insightful.  Regarding those who would come to eat, he said, "they don't want soup, they want their lives back."

Wow.  I wonder how many people who are on the down side of life feel that way.  I wish I had my job back.  I wish I had my family back.  I wish I had my childhood back.  I wish I had my loved one back.  I wish I had my innocence back.  I wish.

May our hearts always be filled with compassion for those who are less fortunate.  But for the grace of God go I.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs


No comments: