Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The most marvelous day

Last week Thursday was the most marvelous day!

I was not working so I woke up and asked myself, what will I do today?  It is the great question of retired people.  What will I do today?

Back up.

The day was marvelous.  It started well.  I woke up.  Thank you Jesus for another day!  May we always be thankful for the gift of another day.

So I decide that I am going to do the brakes on my 2006 Ford pickup.  It has 208,000 miles on it and I don't think that the brakes have ever been done.  At least the rotors have never been turned.  They are warped and scored and need to be replaced.



Old worn out rotor

old cracked brake pad

Now a disc brake job is not that bad, providing that you can get the bolts loose.  Oh, and as long as the rotor is not rusted on to the wheel.

So I got to work.  I thank and praise my friend Bruce Letner who taught me how to do brakes back in 2006 or so.  What a good man he is.  I miss him.

I worked for two hours on the passenger side.  No problems.  The driver's side too me 30 minutes.  Yes there is a bit of a learning curve.

looking good.  Thank you Bruce!


Now it is 1pm and I am hungry.  I make the most marvelous tuna sandwich.  Bread, tuna, dab of mayo, pickles, onions and tomatoes.  My friend Jean Fisher fed me my first tuna sandwich with onions when I was in grade school.  MMMMMM.  I have loved tuna salad with onions ever since.


I am eating this sandwich.  I am very proud of getting the truck brakes done.  I am enjoying this sandwich.  I think to myself, what a wonderful day!

Since then I want to tell myself that I should feel that way every day.  What a wonderful marvelous day!  Every day is a gift to savor. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours
Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: