Wednesday, June 27, 2018

a log in the road


I am Chris Henning.

So, I’m driving around Lees Summit a few weeks ago with Jeff Brinkman. Were going down Woods Chapel Road. I see something big in the roadway. I can tell because others ahead of me are steering clear of what ever it may be. It’s not a stick. It’s not a piece of tire. It’s something bigger. We get closer. It becomes clear. It’s a piece of log. A chunk of tree.

As we approach I’m looking in my rear view mirror, probablty for the 3rd time, checking to see if there is anyone behind me. There is not. The coast is clear. I start to slow down. My passenger starts to question my motive. What are you doing? What are WE doing? I tell him were going to try to attempt to remove the log. I will approach it perfectly if you can open the door, reach out & pull it into the car. He is not interested in this move but nighttime was approaching & Someone might not see it at night. Someone might run over it. Perhaps an older couple might hit it. A teenager might miss it at dusk & blow out a tire. So many what if’s.

I ask my passenger if he can pick it up. He gives me that look, as if saying, ‘are you for real?’ then, after a few seconds, his mind shifts. He realizes what were doing. He’s on board. He likes the idea of picking it up. He loves doing these kind of things as well.

I slow down, he guides me in perfectly, we slowed & he plucked the log out of the roadway.



I’d like to think that perhaps we saved someone a flat tire. Or perhaps even saved one or more from an accident trying to avoid it. Regardless, all that matters is that we did the right thing. Perhaps we went just a little above & beyond. And, Jeff got the ants on him, not me!

What would this world look like if we all made a conscious effort to do the right things & go above & beyond when given safe circumstances?




It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

No comments: