Thursday, January 13, 2022

Covid

So my daughter has covid-19 for the second time.  She is not very sick and we expect her to recover completely.  

I find it interesting that the pandemic has had various effects on people.  Some have died, some have recovered.  Some like me, have never had it, or if I did, I was asymptomatic.  

Some are fearful.  Some think that it is a hoax.

I find the safety precautions to be interesting.  Wear a mask.  Well, maybe masks are optional now.  Only use a sanitized pen.  Everything must be wiped down before you can use it.

And then I go to the doctor.  There is a sign on the door about social distancing.  They have sanitized pens and used pens.  But the handle to the door is touched by everyone.  The pen that you sign in with is used by everyone.  The staff is not wearing masks.

I was staying in a hotel last week in Knoxville TN.  There are signs about social distancing, but everyone touches the same elevator buttons.  The elevator, which is a "normal size" says that the capacity is 15.  I don't know how you would fit 15 people in this elevator.  Surely these days, we would, I would wait for the next one rather than press in with 14 others.

It is all so interesting... so perplexing.  So unprecedented.  I wonder about people during past pandemics, people during the middle ages.  Did they have any idea what was going on?  Did the news warn them like it does today?  No, they thought it was a judgement from God.  That is silly.

And so I guess this blog post is about how disheveled everything feels these days.  I hope we get back to normal soon.  But in the mean time...

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

No comments: