Saturday, January 22, 2022

grief

One of my favorite authors likes to say, "all grief is about you."

Now this is one of those sayings that I hate.  But I also recognize that there is some truth in it.  When we are grieving, we are self consumed.  When we are grieving we think about our loss.  When we are grieving it is because we are facing a change, and a change that we don't prefer.

I don't like this saying, but thinking of it helps me.  The pain that I feel is my pain.  I miss that person, I don't care for that change.  The world is not aligning itself to making me happy.

I hope that our grief is short and that we can rise from the grief and tell everyone that everything is ok.

Grief and all, it's still a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: