Monday, January 17, 2022

Why do I get sad?

A few weeks ago I posted about being sad and working to get glad.  A Cape Coral friend asked me why I get sad.

I think we all get sad from time to time, but here is my list.

My daughters have moved away.

I live far away from almost all of my friends.

Somethings in life have not turned out the way I had hoped.

There are imprints left on me from my upbringing that still sting.

In general, sometimes the world will not align itself to make me happy.

So I think we all have reasons to get sad.  The challenge is to not stay there.  Just as we get sad, we can get glad.  Focus on the good.  See the good.  The sun will come up tomorrow.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.


No comments: