Monday, January 10, 2022

I love Joy

I love Joy Steincross.  She came to us around 1996 and has been the accompanist at the piano ever since.  She can play anything.  She is so smart.  We worked together for 20 years and we got each other.  During worship, it was hand in glove.  She just could always tell what I was thinking.

I also love it that Joy gives me grief.  She is happy, funny and ornery.  I think it is a requirement to be my friend, that you have to make fun of me from time to time.  I was in church on Sunday December 19 for the first time in over five years.  I made a point of seeking Joy out.  I gave her a hug and then she said, "I am still mad at you."

Anyway, she is the best.

For Christmas, she put out a wonderful video of her telling a story about one of her Christmas memories.  The video is 8 minutes long, but friends, it is worth it.  Slow down, take a break and watch this.  You will be glad that you did.

click here to watch this touching video

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.


No comments: