Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Love

Cathy and her mom Carlotta.
Sometime yesterday, my 86 year old mother in law, Carlotta Belcher fell down the stairs.  This is a half flight of stairs, but there is no carpet on them, they are wooden stairs.  She broke her face and her sinus cavity. She broke her hand.  She has a small brain bleed.  They are running an MRI on her pelvis.

And our friends have come out of the woodwork.  Everyone remembers Carlotta from Alli's wedding and Jenny's wedding.  She is a hoot.  86 years old and still playing pickleball.  

Several people have asked me what they can do.  I would say this:  Go to the Olathe Medical Center ICU.  Tell them that you are a lay minister, here to visit Carlotta Belcher.  Take her a card.  Take her some flowers.  Take her hand and tell her that you are friends of Jeff or Cathy or both.  Tell her that we all love you.

To take someone's hand and tell them that you are here for them is so very very powerful.  Next time I am in the hospital, I hope that you will come see me and hold my hand. 

To be there for another person is an amazing and wonderful thing.  Please keep Carlotta in your prayers.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

No comments: