Friday, January 7, 2022

Friends forever

A month ago I had breakfast with a friend. We spent a half hour catching up then he shared with me a grief.  One of his friends has set him aside - throwing him away. His "friend" told him that we can’t be friends anymore. 

That really hurts. I know that hurt because it happened to me many years ago. After my friend threw me away I grieved for a year, but I also actively worked to make new friends.  Whenever I sat down with the people that I was becoming friends with I told them that we had to make a deal.  You’ll be my friend forever. No matter what - I will not throw you away.  No matter what you will not throw me away.  I will always be there for you and you will always be there for me. 

It doesn't erase the hurt of losing a friend, but it makes the new relationships feel more secure.   Please don't ever throw your friends away.  Work thru it.  Relationships are too important.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.






No comments: