Friday, January 13, 2023

Healing

This is a blog post in praise of the body's innate ability to heal itself.  I think that we take this for granted, but the body has an amazing ability to repair itself.

Cuts heal over and you never know they were there.  Bad cuts heal with a scar.  We fight off a cold.  And then there are the spider bites.

Last month, I stayed in a hotel and was attacked in my sleep by one or more, possibly a family of spiders.

fresh bites, just starting to itch.




bite on old man's leg


Oh, my, how these bites itched!!!

After about a week, I could tell that my body was winning the battle against the spider venom.  Today, two weeks plus after the attack, I still have the scabs, but I am 99.9% whole.

I just want to give thanks to God for the human body's ability to heal itself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: