Wednesday, January 4, 2023

thoughts on trying to be a good person

I have always tried to be a good person.  I have tried to be the best person that I could be.

Unfortunately along the way, my efforts, at times, were not successful.  Even though I was trying, even though I was doing my best, I still sometimes failed.

Sometimes I did not see the hurt I was causing, sometimes I was on auto pilot, sometimes I was busy.  Sometimes what I thought was good was not really good.  Sometimes, my assumptions got in the way.

At any rate, I wake up at the tender age of 65 and realize that I still have work to do.  There is no point to dwell on one's failures.  The past is the past.  What we can do however, what we must do if we aspire to live a meaningful life, is to continue to pursue our best.  Get up, dust off your boots and keep going.

I am going to keep at it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: