Sunday, January 22, 2023

How much longer

 So, every year, I put up the Christmas lights on the house, and then I take them down.  Years ago, I started putting instructions on the end of the light strings.  That way, if I am not around, or if I am unable to hang them myself, someone else will know how to do it.

instructions on light string
lights coming down for the year.

generator start up dates


We have a little generator that we keep on hand for hurricanes and other power outage situations.  We have used it several times in the last 6 years.  But, even if you don't use it, you have to start it from time to time to make sure that the new gas is burning out the old.  You don't want your jets to get plugged.

So when I took the lights down a couple weeks ago, I fired up the generator and let it run for 20 minutes.  I wrote the day's date on the log on top of the generator.

And I wonder... how much longer will I get to do these things?  How many more Christmases?  How many more sunrises?  How many more days of daily breath???

This is not a morbid thought, this is the thought of someone [me] who is working very hard to appreciate and celebrate every single day that we are given.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: