Friday, January 6, 2023

preferring one another

I don't want you to be a doormat. I don't want you or me to behave in unhealthy ways. But I do think that we could all take some steps in the department of putting others first.

Romans 12:10
"Be kindly affectionate one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another."

In a society that teaches us to take, take, take; in a world that says "look our for #1," God asks us to care for others and put them first.
  • turn the other cheek.
  • Go the second mile.
  • Take in the stranger.
  • Visit the prisoners.
  • Feed the hungry.
I said it yesterday... I think that Biblical Christianity invites us to place the comfort of others before our own. In honor preferring one another.

Real Christianity is about much more than going to church and wearing a tie.  Jesus loved and cared for the broken.  Followers follow.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: