Thursday, January 19, 2023

It's a miracle


People like to talk about miracles.

Some years ago, I was listening to one of my favorite Pastors, Hubert Neth, and he said something that stuck with me.  He said something that I am thinking about more and more as I grow older.  I have thought about it a lot since Damar Hamlin had his cardiac arrest incident on national TV.

Hubert said, "you want to hear about a miracle, I'll tell you a miracle, this heart right here [points to his chest] has been beating non stop for 78 years.  That is 100,000 beats per day, 35 million beats per year and multiply that times your age and you get a total.  An enormous total.  You want to hear about a miracle??? That is a miracle."

And so, I am a young 65.  But I think about the hard work that my heart does every day.  And I am very thankful for it.  I am keenly and clearly aware that there is a miracle happening in my body, 24 hours a day, every day.

Thank you God for a beating heart.  It is a miracle.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: