Sunday, January 8, 2023

More on Imigrants

Jesus was a refuge.  An angel told Joseph to go to Egypt to save the baby.  Most of us would not need an angel to tell us to take our family somewhere that they can be safe.

That is why so many people want to come to America.  Life is better here.  We can be safe here.  Poor people in America are better off than most people in other countries.

And so they come.  And they come at great risk to themselves.

There is a scene in Amazon Prime's Jack Ryan.  Season One, Episode Six, where a mother and her daughters are trying to flee the war in Syria and get to Europe.  It is terrifying what people will go through to be safe.


They are waiting in a long line to get in a flimsy boat to traverse the Mediterranean.

If you and I were brothers, or brother and sister, and we lived in a terribly poor country, I would do everything in my power to get you to America.  I want you to be safe.  I want you to be healthy.  I want you to have opportunities.

Remember friends, we were born in America by chance.  Luck.  No matter our stance on immigration, I pray that we can all have some compassion and understanding for those who want to come.  If the tables were turned, we would be in the caravan as well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, especially if you live in America.  Be sure to see the good.

No comments: