Thursday, June 29, 2023

changing opinions

Surgery update... all is well.  The doc was happy with the results.  I am doing great.  I am trying to stay off of the opiates.  One day at a time.  I will update again in a few days.  Thank you for your prayers...  Now on to todays post...


Most people have an opinion.  Opinions are like eye sockets.  Everybody has one or two.  Ha ha did you like that???

Most people believe that what they think is the correct opinion.  If they thought that it was wrong, they would change it.  So as we go into a discussion about opinions, let's face it, everyone thinks that theirs is the right one.

I am glad for you to have opinions.  I am fine if they are different than mine.  I can love you, and I do love you, even if we disagree.

Changing my opinion is not easy, and inviting others to change their opinions is even harder.  Most, or at least many, are not even open to a discussion, especially if they think that the Bible says so.

Friends, things are more complicated than, "the Bible says."  There are a lot of factors in play in life.  There are also many things in the Bible that no one believes ie stoning a rebellious son.

I just want to encourage all of my readers to keep an open mind.  We cannot learn from people like us.  We only learn from those who are different from us.  And that will only happen when we listen to them and take their views seriously.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

to reply, send an email to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: