Friday, June 16, 2023

My opening statement...


They say that you only get one chance to make a first impression.

What is your first thought of the day?  What is the thought that rolls you out of bed and propels you throughout the day?

Some people get up in the morning and begin their whining about what is wrong.  My knees hurt.  I can't see like I used to.  Why can't I sleep better.  Why don't my kids call me.  On and one it goes.  Those who begin the day like this can count on a day that is measured by how things affect me.  The world revolves around me, and it better be good to me today or I am going to be upset.

There is another way to wake up in the morning...

What if we woke up and said, Good morning Lord!  Thanks for the opportunity to be alive.  Thank you for the wake up call.  Thank you for the ability to make a list for today.  May I show your kindness to every person that I encounter along the journey today.

How we begin the day will say so very much about how the rest of the day goes.  Our driving life principle can be one that is self centered or one that is self giving.

The choices that you make will drive the tenor of your life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: