Sunday, June 18, 2023

Ugly

Please don't be ugly. There is no reason for it. We can be upset with someone and still be civil. My mom was not always civil, but she tried really hard to teach us to be civil.  If I heard it once, I heard it 1,000 times... "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

One of Jesus' very important sayings, as far as I am concerned is this, from the sermon on the mount... "Do not render evil for evil but overcome evil with good."

Sure, things happen. We get hurt. We get upset. We get testy. We get on edge. But we can still resist the urge to dump on other people.

Whenever possible, identify what is happening in your brain and stop yourself from saying those words. Or from saying those words in a hurtful manner.

Yes they hurt you or me, but we are not here to hurt people. Just becuase someone does it to me does not give me the right to hurt them back...

Let us break the chain and so make it a beautiful day in God's world.







No comments: