Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wise as a serpent

 Mt. 10:16

"Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

I thought of this passage the other day.  I ran into yet another oil change for the car that turned into an upsell opportunity for the mechanic.

They suggested that I needed a cabin air filter.  Their cost, installed, was $127.97


I can buy this cabin air filter online for my car for $9.83!!!  It takes 5 minutes to install, or less.  There is a video on youtube to show you how.  Heck, call me, I will install it for you!

I am forever amazed at how some businesses will systematically try to take advantage of people that are not paying attention.

If a mechanic tells you that you need something, simply tell them thank you.  Then get a second opinion.  Talk to someone who knows about cars.

Be wise as serpents.  Use your head.  Don't take what they say as the gospel.  Some folks are just looking for ways to help you part with money that you don't need to part with.

Pay attention.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: