Wednesday, June 21, 2023

forced upon me

I heard someone on a talk show the other day.  They were talking about how they refused to have someone else's views forced on them.

It is an interesting phrase "forced on me."

Well there are some things that are forced on us... taxes, speed limits, various laws and finally death.  All forced on us.

But ideas are not, and cannot be forced upon you.  You have a choice.  You can agree or disagree.  You can open yourself to an idea or not.  


Let me try to be more clear... I am working to explain my thought... when an idea comes in that you don't care for, you don't have to react to it.  You don't have to see that idea as an enemy.  Just see it and put it on the shelf.  We don't have to be upset by other ideas that people may bring to us.  We do not have to make it an us vs them situation.

instead of this... "an idea was forced on me."
try this... "I keep hearing that idea. I got it. I am going to but it on a shelf for a while."

There is no reason to react.  No reason to be upset by it all.  Take their idea and smile at it and put it on the shelf.  Maybe you will want to think about it later.

I am trying to reduce the reactions and over reactions that people have to other's ideas...  We don't have to be threatened by ideas that seem to be outside of our general path of thought.

It's a beautiful, relaxed day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: