Saturday, July 22, 2023

Appreciating the small things

So when I was an active preacher, I had a bible that I used every Sunday.  The same one for 30 years.  In the front I put a sticker that said, "open my mouth with worthwhile stuff and close it when I've said enough."

I still have that Bible.  It also has two bookmarks in it.  One was given to me by the children's department in 1994.  The other I received in 2002 from Denise Lehmer.  Not sure why, but they were the two bookmarks that I kept for all of those years.

On my last trip to KC I ran into Denise at Tiff N Jays.  It was great to catch up.  I told her about the bookmark.  I told her that it was special.  I thanked her.

Saying thank you is always good, always appropriate and always appreciated.

Still have the bible.  The stand I have as well, was 
given to my by Bill and MaryAnn Wiley in 1994

bookmark


 Denise out side of Tiff N Jays 2023

Thank you for your kindness!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: